"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all." Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gig 'Em Aggies

After high school I really had no clue as to where I wanted to go to college or what to major in. I visited various campuses throughout Texas and nothing "felt right." Then, I went to visit my sister at Texas A&M University. It was like the angels above shined their light down on me from heaven and the choir was singing. I knew this was the place for me. While I did not get into A&M right off the bat, I knew to never give up on this place. I attended Blinn Community College for 3 semesters all the while continuing to apply for A&M. I remember the last time I wrote my essay to A&M. I just sat down and wrote it. Usually, I would take forever trying to make my essay just perfect. This time, I was brutally honest. I knew at this point that I wanted to study to become a teacher. So really I had nothing to lose. After returning to Aggieland after Thanksgiving break in 2001 my sister checked the mail (we were roomies). I remember sitting in the car talking to my mom, and my sister comes running out of the little tiny mail room holding a gihugic brown envelope addressed to me from A&M. She began hopping up and down, and I naturally began screaming. I was so very happy!! I know what a gihugic brown envelope from a university means! Sure enough! I was accepted to the best college in the world, Texas A&M University!

Being an Aggie is extremely hard to describe. It is the best feeling in the world to go to another state in the U.S. and someone recognizes my Aggie ring and is a fellow Aggie themselves. I love all the traditions this school has; from standing up during each of the entire football games, to Elephant Walk, to remembering the Aggies who died when the Aggie Bonfire fell. (Not to mention it is an excellent school to attend in order to get a college degree. I'm not biased at all.)


I will never ever forget my time at A&M. It was the best times of my life. I met so many wonderful people, learned, and grew as an individual. When I graduated from A&M, Dr. Robert Gates, former Secretary of Defense, was the president of A&M and he graduated me. He is such an incredible guy. I graduated with lots of honors including Cum Laude. I bleed maroon. Enough said.



No comments: