"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all." Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Just Call Me a Bunhead

To begin describing all of my life's adventures I should start at the very begining when I was born. But that is too cheesy and frankly a little silly. So, I will skip a few years or so and begin when what I feel is when my life started....when I began to dance.

I began dancing ballet when I was seven years old. I LOVED it! It was the only thing I knew of where I could move to pretty music and tell a story. I actually started ballet in the middle of the "ballet season," but my instructors and I all quickly learned that I am a rather fast learner when it comes to moving with the music and learning steps. In just a few short years of learning ballet, I began to learn Pointe.

Pointe is incredibly hard, scary, and beautiful at all times. I love watching ballet dancers. I don't know if it is normal (but then again, when am I not normal?), but anytime someone dances, I tend to watch their feet. I guess I'm looking to see their extensions. To me, that is where most of the dancing happens. When learning Pointe, my ballet teacher once told me I had to work through the pain. Dancing in Pointe shoes can tear up the feet pretty badly (this is probably why I think feet are gross!). Since then, I've been using that advice throughout my life. Little did I know I'd need that advice several years down the road.


No comments: