"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all." Helen Keller

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Furthering My Education

When I graduated from A&M, my parents made me take my GRE. I so did not want to do this because first off I just finished college I did not want to take a test, and secondly I'm like the poster child for test anxiety. I did drag my butt to take that test and come to find out 2 years later I would need it.

I love to learn. I describe myself as a geek. I was ready to learn more and get my Masters Degree. I knew that if I ever wanted to further my teaching career I would need my Masters. So I dusted off my GRE scores and applied to Sam Houston State University to get my Masters Degree in Administration. And that's just what I did. For 2 years I had no life. I worked all day (and into the night) and then on weekends I wrote a ton of papers and read many textbooks. I worked on grad school stuff all through the summers too. I had to take 2 different tests in addition to completing all classes in order to graduate. When I went in to take my first Principal Certification test I remember hearing one person turning in their test and telling the test administer that she hoped she passed because that was her fifth time taking the test. As a person with test anxiety, this was something I so did not need to hear! But guess what?! Yep I passed the very first time!!! Take that test anxiety! What, whaaat!! Then I had to take the second part of the test taking phase which were several scenario based essay questions. I really made myself sick with the test anxiety on this one. But I passed this too. And in December 2008 I graduated from Sam Houston State University with my Masters Degree in Administration with my Principal Certification. A huge adventure and a major life accomplishment.

No comments: